Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Portfolio


        One of my blogs that I started showing some effectiveness in essay writing is  A Man’s Nightmare (Gregor Samsa)  .This is because  the text helped me to develop good thinking skills and how to use secondary sources in supporting my augments. But I had a little problem with grammar and mechanics and developing a good thesis. I had these problems because of the limited time in doing research, writing, and editing.

         Midsummer NightDream vs. Fraiman’s Shakespeare Re-told. I did better in this essays because I understood the purpose of developing of a thesis and how to link it to the body to the essay. But I still had a little problem with grammar and mechanics because I did not still have enough time to edit my essay and I did not receive good feedback from peer revision in class.

A Victim ofColonialism (The Little Black Boy). This is one of my best essays that I really improve in developing a good thesis, thinking out of the box, and applying my literary theory. I still had a few errors with grammar, but if I had more time in writing the essay, I would have been able to correct this problem.

I have a dream(Martin Luther King Jr.)  This is another blog that I did a great job in applying a literary theory and secondary sources in the analysis of the remix by Michael Fujimoto and the original text by  Martin Luther King. In analyzing the remix and the original text, I really gained a great knowledge on how to identify and examine a text that is a remix of another.

Generally, I would say the English 102 class was great and I don’t regret taking this course because I have gained good knowledge, especially on reading and thinking skills, applying secondary sources in research work as well as applying literary theories. At the beginning of the class, I thought I could not make it in the class because I am not good Literature and the course seemed complicated. But I’m happy to say that I did a great job in most of my blog post with the assistance of my teacher in class. She was a great teacher for this course, and I thank her so much for the patience and sacrifice that she took to make me better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment